I'm a prodigal daughter returning to OH

rennysmom01
on 8/20/14 12:45 am

Good morning everyone,

I was an avid lurker on this site when I first got my RNY surgery in July 2005 and never really posted but just read all the helpful information.  So it's been 9 years since I have had my surgery and I wanted to get back here to look for support because I started a new journey to lose the weight I gained.  My highest weight and surgery weight was 293.  The lowest weight I got down to was 174.  I felt great at that weight!  The problem was that I was not obedient with the WLS rules and found ways of eating around my surgery.  I gained back about 46-52 lbs because my weight always fluctuated between 220-226. Since July 6th I decided that I needed to change the way I ate or at least stop drinking soda!!  I am happy to report that I have lost 25 lbs and I now weigh 201.  My pouch still miraculously works and can only eat small portions the only difference is that now I am filling up on healthy stuff like dark greens and protein and quinoa.  I have my fitbit tracker and I log my food on myfitnesspal so I am really aware of what goes in my mouth and the activity that I do daily. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to be as detailed as possible.  Hopefully I can make some new friends and help each other out in this life long journey!  Happy Wednesday!

jastypes
on 8/20/14 2:57 am - Croydon, PA

Hey there!  It happens!  I had my surgery in 2007.  I had a 45 pound re-gain, but was able to re-lose it, plus a little more by working with my dietician and returning to support group meetings.  I also use the 12-step program of Overeaters Anonymous to assist in my journey.  It really is a life-long journey.  Congratulations on getting back on track!  The tools definitely still works.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

rennysmom01
on 8/20/14 3:18 am

Hi Jill @jastypes, thanks for the reply.  I am really excited to be on the right track again and to be back here getting lots of support and advice.  See you around!

Pinkchickadee
on 8/24/14 1:17 pm

Good for  you!! I am  2  years out and  have  regained 20  pounds.  I  am  back  here too for  support. Welcome  back!! I   hope the rest of the  journey is a good one  for you :)

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169