Appointment #2 day after tomorrow!

Micheley335
on 8/18/14 4:41 am

Hello all you lovely posters out there :) I've recently started my journey to WLS and am completing all of the tasks required by my insurance for approval and have a few questions for anyone with some experience! I've already had a few tests and doctors appointments, met my surgeon, nutritionist and am 2 pounds from my pre op goal weight! However, I am a little confused about my next step. I have an appointment Wednesday which should be #2/3 before scheduling surgery if all goes well, but I need to write down my history of failed weightloss attempts. I have many, including WW and doctor supervised, but I wonder how others have gone about writing these out. Is it a 'To whom it may concern:'-style letter that I need to write or a basic outline? A list?? An essay ? Does anyone else overthink the way I do?  Haha! But if anyone has any advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm turning 23 in a month and meet all of the 'set requirements' so I'm just trying to get on the right track and do everything right on my end so if there are any 'hold ups', it will be with insurance(which I assume there probably will be!) 

Lmo2291
on 8/18/14 6:13 am

Hey there! Sounds like you're on the right track! I would call your insurance company and ask then exactly what kind of documentation they needed. For mine I submitted a doctors supervised weight loss form provided by my surgeons office that they said will satisfy the insurance requirements. In addition to the psych and dietician eval I also had my PCP write a note and had WW email me a list of my enrollment dates which went back to 2010, and a letter from my personal trainer/dietician. This was probably more documentation then they needed but I wanted to cover all my bases. Still waiting for insurance approval though. I think you can use whatever format you feel comfortable with as long as it covers what they're looking for but again the best thing to do might be to call and ask. Feel free to message if you wanna chat more :)

SunnyGal14
on 8/18/14 7:22 am
VSG on 08/06/14

My doctor's office provided a packet of papers for me to fill out and inside that I was asked to list my failed attempts at diets. Good luck!

Vsg on 8/6/14  5'8" HW 266 SW 243 CW 169 GW 155.