Post Op Protein drinks taste horrible any ideas for other proteins?

VRoni
on 8/18/14 6:28 am - Susanville , CA
with

I am 7 days post op and doing well but just can't hardly get the protein drinks down. I have tryed different kinds n they are all sweet or fruity flavored. I'm not to much on sweet stuff anyone else have issues getting in the protein because of taste?  Would not be so bad if I could jus drink it down fast and get it over with but it takes most of the day to gag it down.....Been sipping lots of broth, water, tea, but the protein drink is my challenge getting down.

jazzycatz
on 8/18/14 6:42 am - Joppa, MD

Unjury makes a chicken broth one. I hated it but there are many who love it. Especially if they are having trouble with the sweet shakes.

VRoni
on 8/18/14 8:50 am - Susanville , CA
with

Injury ? Were can I find the chicken broth protein?

HLen
on 8/18/14 10:20 am
RNY on 07/11/14

Unjury.com is where I have bought mine, you can also buy unflavored and add it to coffee, tea or broth.  I have done that too, I'm not a big fan of the sweet stuff. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

VRoni
on 8/18/14 10:25 am - Susanville , CA
with

Thank you so much for the info. Im going to order some right now. I ordered a ton of the other stuff because the bariatric clinic said I needed to get it before surgery. We are very rural and not anyplace to get it here so ordered it and now I cant us it. The sweet stuff is just to much for me. 

sp1209
on 8/18/14 11:30 am - AL

If you can order a sample of Nectar Lemon Tea maybe you would like it? I had gotten where I could not take the chocolate and vanilla any more and am really enjoying the lemon tea. hth

HLen
on 8/18/14 1:57 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

Mmmm yes, Syntrax Nectars are good, like juice instead of those creamy shakes

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Tracy D.
on 8/19/14 1:55 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Order a couple samples first to see if you like it.  I loved it and so did my husband but you have to be REALLY careful how you prepare it so it doesn't get clumpy.  We'll be drinking it again when it gets cooler.  

I love Unjury Chocolate Splendor and drink it every day with an added teaspoon of instant espresso - cuts the sweetness.  But again, I'd caution you to order sample packets before committing to a whole canister of anything.  The stuff isn't cheap! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Lorrainecma
on 8/19/14 4:25 pm

I like the EAS protein shakes. They taste good. The cost is lower, and they are low carb as well

Lorrainecma
on 8/19/14 4:25 pm

I like the EAS protein shakes. They taste good. The cost is lower, and they are low carb as well