skin sores due to extra skin

callmesunshine34
on 8/15/14 10:08 pm

I have lost almost 100lbs over the last 3yrs on my own. I have cut calories and exercised. I have appx 50-60lbs to go. As I get closer to my goal, I am experiencing some embarrassing and bothersome side effects.

I am starting to see loose skin..which was kinda expected with my size.. But I am getting bleeding sores beside my vagina where the skin is now folded together most of the time. Anyone else have this? Suggestions?? They really hurt :(

56sunShine14
on 8/16/14 12:52 am

Other than contact your doc asap about this, I would, if it were me, keep the area clean and DRY all the time and use Neosporin to prevent infection.  Good Luck.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Valerie G.
on 8/16/14 2:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have your doctor start documenting it.  This could be a start towards insurance-paid plastic surgery.

I got this underneath my breasts before I lost my weight.  For treating it, get some atheletes foot or jock itch cream and apply twice daily.  Tuck paper towels in the folds to absorb the moisture through the day.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

peggyann5
on 8/26/14 9:00 am
I have also had this problem for several years and have not had my surgery yet and my Dr. prescribes me ointment for this but Something else I have found that is AMAZING is DESITIN DIAPER RASH OINTMENT, Don't get the creamy kind get the ORIGINAL KIND, it is THICKER and pasty and it really helps this but You do need to get these healed before using anything except what your DR gives you but this Desitin does real good. I use this even when I am not sore and it prevents it. Like Valerie G. said DOCUMENT this , if your Dr. says it is medically necessary to have it removed and you have documentation the insurance is more apt to pay for it. Good Luck.

Hislady
on 8/16/14 4:33 am - Vancouver, WA

I found the best way to keep the area dry is to keep a small battery operated fan in my purse to blow dry the area. At home I kept one of those water bottle things with a fan on it in the bathroom to dry it with. I tried pieces of cotton t-shirt but that just held the sweat in. You may also need some prescription cream from the doctor to clear it up if it is a yeast infection and it probably is. Do document it tho like others said as this may get you at the least a pannulectomy (removal of the excess skin). Good luck it is miserable, been there done that! 

jaifra78
on 8/16/14 6:08 am
RNY on 04/16/14

the best stuff that I have found to use is a powder called squeaky cheeks it is the best stuff. any other powder I have used has made the problem worse except squeaky cheeks I got free samples from them a while back and Its the only powder i use now. http://www.squeakycheeks.com/

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/16/14 8:18 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I have used diaper rash cream with success.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Mary Gee
on 8/16/14 9:41 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

First, a great big "CONGRATULATIONS" on your successful weight loss!!  

Check your insurance coverage.  You may find you are eligible for a "Pannectomy" and "breast reduction".  My policy covers it, but I will have to have 6 months of documented treatment, and have to wait 18 months post weight loss.  I've tried all sorts of creams/medications, without success; I've tried deodorant and various clothes.  All to no avail.  I keep the areas clean and dry, but sweat still develops.  The areas are sore and smell horrible.  

Good luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Michele H.
on 8/16/14 12:05 pm - NJ

Anti fungal/athlete's foot cream....sounds like yeast.

Michele

callmesunshine34
on 8/16/14 1:25 pm

thanks for all the suggestions :) think I will try the baby rash cream first since I have some on hand..

Most Active