Advice

juicy28
on 8/14/14 1:04 pm

I went to my assessment yesterday and had to answer 2 set's of questions . I was only able to answer 1 set because I had to take my disabled mom to the doctor. I guess what I want to know is do you think they will hold that against me ?Was it unprofessional to leave. 

poet_kelly
on 8/14/14 1:24 pm - OH

Did you schedule another appointment to do the other set of questions?  I don't think it's unprofessional that you left, since you weren't answering questions in a professional capacity.  As far as if they will "hold it against you," I'm not quite sure what you mean.  What kind of assessment was this?  If you needed to complete the assessment in order to have surgery, then you probably won't be able to have surgery until you complete the assessment.

I would schedule a time to complete the assessment, if you didn't do that already, and this time make sure it's a time when you'll be able to do the whole thing.  Don't schedule it at the same time you need to take your mom somewhere.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

juicy28
on 8/16/14 7:38 pm

Yes mam it was a appointment for surgery I did reschedule for this Thursday so I hope to be all done and almost ready for them to turn my paper work in to my insurance company thanks for the advice

Valerie G.
on 8/14/14 11:51 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

What kind of assessment and what kinds of questions are we talking about?

To answer your question, if you made the appointment for the complete assessment and you walked out early, then yes, it was unprofessional of you.  If this was a psych or doc appt, they will charge you a second time to finish what you started because you already paid for and wasted the first block of time they set aside specifically for your assessment.  Don't give them a hard time about it, because leaving was your choice, not theirs. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active