Clothes are Falling Off!!!

Crystal M.
on 8/14/14 12:07 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

We are in the process of moving, so totally broke! I have lost 92 pounds, so naturally all my clothes are falling off! I can't buy anything at this moment. How did you cope with dropping sizes so fast? Why hasn't anyone started a clothing swap for people who have had WLS?

All things in good time!

kathkeb
on 8/14/14 12:52 pm

My local support group did clothing exchanges every few months.

People don't do it on line because it is expensive to pay for shipping and you can't usually tell the quality and size of what you are getting.

I was able to alter several shirts by taking vertical darts front and back.

I shopped sales at Kohl's and stuck to a few basic pair of black slacks, getting a new pair every 20 pounds or so.

Kath

MickeyDee
on 8/14/14 3:52 pm

Thrift shops were my new best friends.

Valerie G.
on 8/14/14 11:56 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I took my best clothes to a consignment store to sell and I bought new sizes with my proceeds.  Goodwill is great on Saturdays when all clothing is half off.  You can get a pair of jeans for as little as $2.  Find the thrift and consignment stores in the ritzy side of town and be amazed at what people throw away.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dianalion
on 8/18/14 2:25 am
with

I hit the thrift stores in my area.  Somethings still have store tags! 

Dianalion
on 8/18/14 2:27 am
with

http://www.thethriftshopper.com    Ooops here is a useful site to search your area for thrift stores. 

Journey2014
on 8/18/14 2:32 am

I have found that dresses are my new best friends.  I have bought a couple of really simple cotton (think t shirt material) ones that were snug, I wear a longer cardigan or jacket with them, as they fit better, I lose the sweaters and throw on a cute scarf. I am not nearly as far down as you are (CONGRATS by the way!!) but I feel your pain on the budget, so this is how I get more bang for my fashion buck. 

~Rock bottom has become a solid foundation on which I will rebuild my life~

Crystal M.
on 8/18/14 8:33 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Thank you for all the responses everyone!

All things in good time!

Most Active