Nissen Fundoplication take-down to gastric bypass in less than 4 weeks!

Lilly M.
on 8/14/14 10:48 am
RNY on 09/10/14

Hello. I have been reading daily for months, yet I have seldom posted. I still feel very much part of this great group of people, and I am learning so much. When I hear of triumphs and NSV's or struggles and challenges, I feel for each of you. I'm cheering you on as I read, and it motivates me and gives me strength. My surgeon's office sent in everything for approval to Oxford two days ago, and I hope as everyone here has, that I will be approved. My BMI was 43 at the beginning of my 6 months supervised diet, and I have severe sleep apnea. Through reading and researching, I realize there are few surgeons, in my area at least, who will take down a Nissen Fundoplication and perform gastric bypass. I am very glad my surgeon has the experience and that he is willing to do it. We scheduled my surgery date in June because by June they were already booking into September. I look forward to living life with the one tool I have never had.

Revision from Nissen Fundoplication to Roux-en-Y on 09/10/14. HW (214) 05/12/14 SW (198.8)

Member Services
on 8/14/14 11:47 pm - Irvine, CA

You are definitely a part of this great group of people!  You're a member of the OH Community.

We're glad that you found a surgeon that can help you and get you on your way to a healthy WLS lifestyle!

Lilly M.
on 8/15/14 12:57 am
RNY on 09/10/14

Thank you .

Revision from Nissen Fundoplication to Roux-en-Y on 09/10/14. HW (214) 05/12/14 SW (198.8)

Huneypie
on 8/15/14 2:36 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

All the best.   BTW is your revision open? 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Lilly M.
on 8/15/14 2:58 am
RNY on 09/10/14

My revision will be via laparoscopy. Not many surgeons do this revision, and it is considered high risk; however, I am willing to take this risk because everything I have tried prior to this has failed. I'm a little nervous. But, I am doing all I can to be in the best shape for surgery. And, I plan on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and doing as my surgeon and NUTS advise me to do. I even had a healthy weight dream last night!

Huneypie
on 8/16/14 4:23 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yay for the dream - I hope it'll soon become a reality!! :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active