vomiting all the time because of mucas

17Jenn
on 8/13/14 12:25 pm

I had RNY on May 12. I had many complications with my surgery and then had a blockage 4 days later and had to have another surgery, I was in the hospital for 11 days. 

I have had a lot of trouble finding foods that will stay down, I mostly stick with the puree food because it's easiest to throw back up. 

I have a lot of mucus and then have the foamies...... I puke all day pretty much every day. I am so tired of puking for no reason. My doc said to get on an allergy med and take musinex. It still hasn't helped. I feel like carp all the time, I don't want to eat because I feel crappy and some if not all of it will come back up. I can hear my pouch rumble and turn with all that mucus in there. The doc said they haven't heard of anyone having trouble with this. Can anyone give me ideas of what to do, I am so frustrated.

White Dove
on 8/14/14 12:20 pm - Warren, OH

Doctors used to tell us to drink some syrup of ipecac to clean mucus out of the stomach.  It is what they gave kids after a cold or sinus infection to clean out what had dripped into their stomach.  You will be amazed at how much mucus will be stuck in the stomach and how much better you will feel when it is gone.  The Mucinex just dries up what is in the head and sinuses not what has formed in the stomach. 

You are puking all the time anyway, so I think getting it all out will be a big relief. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active