3 Yr Anniversery Need Advice for Breakfast

SpikyP L.
on 8/13/14 5:00 am - NM

I am pretty tight in the morning but by afternoon, if I eat anything other than soup or chili, I have to eat very slowly for the first 10 minutes or so till the band opens up, then I can finish my meal, which is not very big, but at least I can eat in the afternoon.  I don't know what to eat for breakfast, I used to eat red chili, fake egg, and cheese the first 2 years, but that got old.  I stopped eating that and switched to instant sugar free oatmeal.  My cholesteral and triglycerites dropped drastically!!!  But I have not lost weight.  The 27 I lost was the first three months, since then I was about 8 pounds thinner 1.5 years ago, but gained it to where I am now.  I haven't lost much weight, but I can say that without the Band I probably would weigh the 27 pounds I lost plus 25 more, so 50 pounds higher I bet!!!!!!!!  I feel good, no problems with band.  I can eat out more easily than eating at home and I don't know why, probably in my head cuz outside food tastes better than homemade food?????

I need suggestions for breakfast - Protein shakes don't satisfy me, can't eat eggs, toast.....and yogurt has too much suger, and greek yogurt doesn't have enough.....What is your daily food like??? Please share!!!  PS:  I am very simple, I don't like fancy foods!!!

Kate -True Brit
on 8/13/14 6:33 am - UK

You sound  as if your band is very tight! A lot of us feel tighter in the mornings but you should be able to eat a normal diet in general. Here is a typical day for me in the losing stages.

I am currently (successfully) fighting a smallish regain and this is an example of what I eat each day. I am never hungry in the meaning so don't eat breakfast but being retired, I am able to have "breakfast" mid-morning.

First thing: large skinny latte

mid-morning- two eggs

lunch - cold meat, salad, maybe a couple of rice cakes

dinner - salmon fillet, asparagus, peas, tiny new potatoes. (Or chicken, other fish)

during the day if I want food- mug of home-made carrot and lentil soup. Rice cracker and cold meat.

at some time, maybe with meal, maybe as a snack - fruit.

Apart from my morning later, I drink peppermint tea, lemon/ginger tea, green tea, water.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Eggface
on 8/13/14 12:10 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

A few things I eat http://www.pinterest.com/eggface/weight-loss-surgery-breakfa sts/

I am an RNYer but looking them over most would be band friendly. Hope it gives you a couple of new ideas. 

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

SpikyP L.
on 8/14/14 1:53 am - NM

Thanks for the post, I will try the egg custard!!!  I tried cottage cheese but it has too much salt!!!  Today is a new day, I am going to really try to stay to low carb!! Thanks.

Valerie G.
on 8/13/14 11:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You just replaced a breakfast of protein for a breakfast of pure carbs, of course your weight loss has slowed down.

If you have Kroger stores, they have a Carbmaster brand yogurt that is delicious and has as much protein as greek yogurt.  It's time to give some different brands a try, but definitely read the labels.  Another idea is SF egg custard.  Just make a big batch and keep it in the fridge and grab some here and there.  It's egg, milk, vanilla and sweetener (of choice).  Cottage cheese is another good protein punch.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active