What should my calorie intake be 7 years out to loose weight. Also I break out in hives all the...

DDchilds
on 8/13/14 11:37 pm

Am I the only one and any advice ?

poet_kelly
on 8/13/14 11:53 pm - OH

Your calories intake should be less than the amount of calories you burn.  Since I have no way of knowing how many calories you burn, I don't know what that number would be.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jenorama
on 8/14/14 1:16 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'd say go to an allergist for the hives.  As for losing weight, for a very rough estimate of your daily caloric requirement, multiply your weight times 10.  Subtract calories from that and you should lose weight.  Any exercise you do will help and don't eat your exercise calories.  For example, say you do a workout and burn 400 calories.  Don't go, "Hey, now I can eat 400 more calories!"  It's tempting, but don't do it.  :D

Jen

56sunShine14
on 8/14/14 1:19 am

If you are breaking out in hives all the time, you are allergic to something you are around, eating or drinking!  And if you are having trouble breathing or your tongue or throat are swelling, even a little bit, it could be very dangerous!  You need to see a doctor..PC or Allergist but see one asap.  I would be more worried about that than weight loss right now!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 1:47 am

You can use a website like myfitnesspal.com for an idea on how many calories you need to lose weight. it depends on your current weight, your activity  level and how quickly you want to lose. I use the app Lose It! and I find it to be very helpful. I am 5'3" and 196lbs currently (almost 9yrs post op with about 70lbs regained) and it has me eating around 1275 cal per day. I exercise daily for at least 30 min. Def get your hives checked out by a dr!

Kate -True Brit
on 8/14/14 2:28 am - UK

Rather depends on your build, current weight, activity level, gender!  As a 5' 4" female, aged 63, moderately active, I can lose on 1000-1300 calories a day. Some others can't! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Laura in Texas
on 8/14/14 2:36 am

How many calories are you eating now? Cut back 500 per day to lose about a pound a week. We are all different. I eat around 2000 a day to maintain and cut back to 1500 when I need to lose a few.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active