Isopure Protein Drinks.... Caffein?

VivizRnY
on 8/13/14 9:34 am
with

Hello I'm fairly new here so I hope I do this right. My question is whether or not it is good to drink the Green tea (lemon) isopure? I purchased a whole case yesterday and just today I noticed that it says" it will give be a serious jolt of caffeine"! The label says nothing about caffeine and I can't find anything on their website. My nutritionist said I should cut of caffeine completely and don't want to get any ulcers or what not. What do I do?????

jenn1469
on 8/13/14 11:55 am

You can return it. I drink coffee everyday and I have no problems so I think it would be ok.

Jennifer

poet_kelly
on 8/13/14 12:06 pm - OH

According to numerous sources, including the Mayo Clinic, caffeine does not cause ulcers.  However, there are many other reasons people choose to avoid it.

You can contact the manufacturer if you want to find out how much caffeine is in it.  You can return it if you don't want to use it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 8/13/14 11:38 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Nutritionists tell all of their patients, wls or not, to cut caffeine.  It does slow healing, but when you're healed, it's no worse for you now than it was before....no health benefit, but I sure has heck can't live without caffeine.  I'm curious to try this tea, though.  Where did you find it?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 8/14/14 2:59 am

Caffeine is not the devil so many paint it to be. It's a VERY MILD diuretic, but even this disappears if you ingest it daily. When did you have surgery? It can slow healing, and it can irritate the stomach, especially while it's healing.

The bottom line is this---do YOU want to give up caffeine? Because you're an adult, and therefore get to make this decision for yourself. (*grin*)

VivizRnY
on 8/14/14 3:24 am
with

Thank you for all of the replies . I purchased the drinks at a store called The Vitamins Shop. I'm going to keep them and drink one through out the day instead of an hour or two. I have noticed that many things my nutritionist has told me don't seem all that true.... I am 3 weeks post op so maybe that's why I get nauseous. I really like the tasted and love that it is 40 Grams of protein since I cannot stand protein shakes or powder. The downside is that its about $5 per bottle or $60 per case. And I agree I cannot leave tea especially Starbucks tea.

Most Active