sleep study

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/14 3:01 am - warren, MI

I had to go for a sleep study and my insurance wouldnt pay for the at home one so I had to go in well it was terrible I couldnt sleep all the spots where there was sticky stuff is broke out and hurts and the little bit I did sleep she told me was called micro sleep it didnt count well I micro sleep a lot actually almost always and she said its strange that I can do that and function threw the day fine. but anyway has anyone else not been able to complete the sleep study what did your surgeon do? because I wont be happy if I cant have surgery over something so minor 

Racewalker48
on 8/13/14 3:18 am
RNY on 02/17/14

My first sleep study was a horrible experience as well, so I can relate.  I was able to complete the study (I didn't sleep a wink, but the tech told me that he had enough data), and had to have another one to titrate my CPAP.  Sleep apnea is not minor, so if you have it, it is important to treat it.  Sleep apnea puts one at risk for heart disease and stroke, and tends to improve with weight loss. You will have to talk to your surgeon if not having sleep study is a deal killer. 

jenorama
on 8/13/14 4:30 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I had to do two sleep studies at the facility as well.  The first one sucked big time.  They wanted me to sleep on my back, which is not something I do.  I'm a side sleeper.  I gave it the old college try, but I finally said screw it and turned onto my side.  The stuff they use to glue the electrodes on is some heavy duty stuff and it took me forever to get it off my face and out of my hair.  After the sleep test, I went home and got some real sleep!  The second sleep test to titrate the machine was a bit better, mostly because I knew what to expect and didn't even try to sleep on my back.

Jen

Hislady
on 8/13/14 4:34 am - Vancouver, WA

Ask your doc for something to help you sleep next time.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/14 5:24 am - warren, MI

I did take something that normally has me out cold, I emailed my surgeons office and she is going to talk to the surgeon hopefully they wave it 

Most Active