how long does it take for approval?

Bonnie250
on 8/12/14 10:18 am
RNY on 08/25/14

My packet was submitted almost two weeks ago to the insurance company....

. This waiting is really hard. I am on the first phase of my pre op diet. Worried i am not shrinking my liver enough. hungry as can be....arggghh!!!!  i want a SURGERY DATE!! i am anxious and impatient. sorry for venting, i am just aggravated.

Bonnie

juicy28
on 8/12/14 12:33 pm

I just wanted to say keep the faith you will get approved in due time.

Bonnie250
on 8/12/14 1:06 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Thank You! I am trying to be patient...

Bonnie

jessica1371
on 8/12/14 2:20 pm - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

It kinds depends on your insurance company. I have BCBS of IL. My surgeon submitted on 7/30/14, I called BCBS to confirm they had the paperwork. They said yes and the average approval time is 21-30 days, however they have been seeing them get approved around the two week mark. I was approved on 8/7/14, so for me it only took a week. Now I have have heard that some companies can take a month or longer. I would just call your insurance and see if they got it and what their turn around time frame is. 

Good luck!!

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

Bonnie250
on 8/12/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Thank you for your response. I have BCBS of FLORIDA....so hopefully it will be a speedy approval such as yours! Best Wishes to you!!!

Bonnie

lexibelle
on 8/13/14 3:56 am - Federal Way, WA
DS on 09/19/14

Question! When you called to confirm they had the paperwork, did you just call the normal customer service number? My packet was submitted last week and I've been dying to call but am trying to be patient.

Bonnie250
on 8/13/14 6:52 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Yes, it was the normal cust. service #, and they said they dont see anything. I called my patient coordinator, and mentioned they dont have my packet and she explained that the packets go to a direct department that regular customer service would not have ability to "see"....so there ya go!  I lost patience today and called the coordinator again, and she said hopefully we will know something Friday....so i keep waiting, and longing for some food other that this dreadful low fat,low carb,low calorie, low everything i have been on for almost a month now....I know after the surgery these cravings will be much more managable....but i am so tired of seeing Red Lobster, Pizza Hut, Fast Food  commercials,  as i sit trying to watch tv at night, with my mouth watering....Sorry, i know you didnt ask for all that info.   LOL

Bonnie