New to this whole idea

rosebud12078
on 8/10/14 9:43 pm
VSG on 01/22/15

My name is Helen my doctor and I have discussed the Bariatric Surgery for the last few years. I kept telling him no and that I wanted to try this on my own. Well for the second time I have lost and gained back double what I lost so it is time. I have made my decision to go ahead and full steam. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I just don't feel good. I have always been an active person playing every sport I could all through high school. Now it feels like a distant memory. I just started this process on the 28th of last month and will go for my surgery the beginning of next year. I certainly feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders as I go through another big step in my life. I can't wait to feel healthy and alive again. If anyone has input that will be helpful and greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all! I will certainly need it.

Vivian Prouty
on 8/10/14 10:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Congrats on your decision to have WLS Helen.   I was a little uncertain myself before my WLS almost 9 yrs. ago.   I had a friend  who lived almost 3 hours away that came to see me and I seriously didn't recognize her.   She had WLS and told me about it and told me to check into it.    Well I checked out WLS and talked to my doctor about it and was referred to a bariatric surgeon but didn't actually have surgery till about a year later ( putting it off ).    I've never looked back nor regretted my WLS.    Congrats and you'll be so happy when it's over.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

rosebud12078
on 8/11/14 1:48 am
VSG on 01/22/15

Thank you for the warm welcome!

White Dove
on 8/11/14 12:29 am - Warren, OH

I had to do a six month pre-op diet and exercise program.  That got me off of the white carbs and the Coke Zero.  I felt strong and healthy going for my surgery.  After surgery, I finally was able to lose the weight and keep it off.  All of the dieting before never worked long term for me, but surgery did. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

rosebud12078
on 8/11/14 1:49 am
VSG on 01/22/15

Thank you so much! I know there are people out there like me and it is nice to know that they too are doing what is best for them.

Cece2014
on 8/11/14 12:33 am

Welcome to a life changing decision.  I'm still pre-op and like you, took several discussions and years to commit.  I was a jock in HS and early college, then life happened.  I always did my own housework, gardening, etc and my size never stopped me.  Until one day it did.  I was miserable and made all sorts of excuses.

Since the WLS decision I've learned so much about myself and the "why" behind the overeating.  I hope your program has pre-op education and support groups. Reach out to good friends, find like-minded people and best of luck to you.

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

rosebud12078
on 8/11/14 1:51 am
VSG on 01/22/15

Thank you so much and best of luck to you as well! I am excited to see my life change.

mobailey68
on 8/11/14 3:25 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Congratulations on your decision! I know for me it has been one of the best decisions I have made for myself. The only input I have is to do as much research as possible so you know what to expect, make small changes now so it isn't such a big change at the time of your surgery, and for me it was getting some counseling to wrap my head around why I ate (that is an ongoing process).

I am in no way as knowledgeable as some of the vets on here as I am not even 6 months out but if I can help in anyway just message me.

Again... CONGRATULATIONS!

Mo 

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

rosebud12078
on 8/11/14 3:32 am
VSG on 01/22/15

Thanks for the advice and Congrats to you!

Eggface
on 8/11/14 4:17 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I'm excited for you. Best wishes! It was truly the best gift I ever gave myself... I hope you will feel the same.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active