Support

CLB0700
on 8/11/14 8:58 am

Oh where to begin...two years ago I had LapBand surgery that went horribly wrong. Four days after my surgery, I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and it was discovered I had a LapBand perforation with sepsis. I had to be care-flighted to another hospital for emergency surgery.  I barely survived it but I did. It was a rough journey but God was with me. Now, two years later, I am considering getting the sleeve done. The problem?? How do I tell my husband? He will think I am crazy considering what happened to me. I lost 50 lbs due to how sick I was. I gained some back. Lost it again and gained it back. I need help. I need this surgery but scared based on what happened before. Any thoughts, advice?

56sunShine14
on 8/11/14 11:08 am

I guess I would need some questions answered.  Are you going back to the surgeon who did the band?  If so, WHY?  How overweight are you that you are considering WLS again?  What is your BMI or co-morbidity?  If 50 pounds or so is all you need to lose, I would probably not go for another WLS but rather make true effort to get it off and keep it off.  IF that is all you need to lose.

You have good reason to hesitate.  you need to research carefully and be certain this is what you want and maybe you can make your husband feel better about it.  Good luck to you whatever you decide.  God is always the best we will have!!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

CLB0700
on 8/11/14 12:52 pm

Hello 56sunShine14,

I am am not going back to same surgeon. I am using a surgeon that has performed WLS on several of my friends and have been successful. My BMI is 35 and I need to lose about 75 lbs.  I have tried high protein diets, diet pills, working out. I lose it and then put it back on.  It is a struggle I have dealt with for many years.  I have sleep apnea and high BP.  I have an appt next month with the surgeon I am considering and guess we will go from there.