Time to stop lurking?

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/14 10:40 am

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks. I just got sleeved Thursday (8/7), so today was my first day at home. I'm just wondering how everyone else felt at this moment. I barely got down an entire protein shake, and that took me all day. I've been able to walk to the end of the block and back a few times, but I feel woozey after. It's going to get better, right? Thanks for your input!

SlimJohn
on 8/9/14 1:02 pm

Hi Meps,

I'm just past 1 week VSG, surgery date Aug 1st. I'm still not able to drink all my water and protein shake without conscious effort. Everyday I feel I can down more shake/water each sitting with less discomfort. I'm reading here and in other forums that the first week or two that its common.

As far as physical activity, my first day or two back I felt great, my energy was high, no pain from the surgery, excited to continue the WL journey. I went overboard and turned a part of my daily into a jog which was probably a mistake since I still needed a week or two until my incisions are fully healed. I havent had any dizzy spells or internal issues. 

Did you do your walks before surgery?

HLen
on 8/9/14 1:31 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

It will get better... I remember thinking that in the beginning.  I am 4 weeks now and feeling good! Everyday gets a little easier.   Just sip sip sip and walk walk walk. Slow.. Don't over do anything.. But yeah.. You will feel pretty weak at first when you are up and walking. 

Good luck!!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

jille_bean
on 8/10/14 1:17 pm

Hey there Meps,

I'm post RNY 13 days and I feel pretty much 'normal', outside of the interesting foods I get to eat!  My first few days walking down to the end of the block and back made me feel woozy too, but I just sat down, got my bearings and reminded myself that each day will hopefully get a little better.  Good luck on your journey. 

Jill

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/14 1:46 pm

Thanks for your input! I was fairly active pre-surgery, i guess I'll just have to allow myself some healing time. 

I think I was just panicking. It was my first day at home, post surgery, and it was really setting in how real this was!

Tracy D.
on 8/11/14 12:16 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!    And yes, it absolutely does get better!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active