Arm Lift...anyone?

CandaceHasCurves
on 8/8/14 5:01 am - Alexandria, VA

Hi All! after losing weight, my arms are large and deflated and I'm looking at getting an arm lift. Since I also have some skin and heft on my forearms, the surgeon suggested doing lipo on my lower arms, too....but it is my understanding that's extremely unusual. Infact, although the surgeon has plenty of experience with upper arm lifts and lipo in general, he has never once done lipo or a lift on the lower arms...

Anyone have experience with having work done on their lower arms in addition to the upper arms?

Thanks!!

C

Tracy D.
on 8/8/14 5:47 am, edited 8/8/14 5:47 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hey, Candace - did you cross-post this on the Plastics Forum?  You might get a lot more responses if you put this on there too.  

ETA:  and for what it's worth, I would NEVER allow myself to be someone's guinea pig for a surgery they've never performed!!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

CandaceHasCurves
on 8/8/14 11:44 am - Alexandria, VA

Thanks Tracy! I haven't been on here in years--didn't even realize there was a plastics forum...looking now, thanks!

And yeah, my thoughts on being the first, too...but he was also very insistent that I'd be the first for MOST plastic surgeons bc it's very uncommon...not that that makes me feel any better.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/8/14 12:01 pm - OH

I met someone at the OH conference in Cincinnati a DS years ago who had lipo done on her lower arms.  The surgeon didn't want to do it, and told her that the results would probably not be what she wanted, but she insisted that she would look funny if he DIDN'T do it (because her lower arms would look heavier than her upper arms) so he recommended that she should also then have him continue the incision line down below her elbows to remove the extra skin below the elbow.  When he pointed out that the incisions on her lower arms would be much more noticeable than the ones on the upper arms, though, she didn't want the extra incisions and insisted she just wanted the lipo.  

He did what she asked. She ended up going back for a second surgery a few months later to remove the extra skin on her lower arms because the large amount of sagging skin was more unsightly than the little bit of residual fat and the minor sagging skin that she would have had would have been.  

The only reason I know this is because she was explaining the incisions that extended about 3-inches down the underside of her forearm.  VERY noticeable.  She admitted that she should have listened to the plastic surgeon and left her lower arms alone.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active