New First session what now

Bigmama2014
on 8/7/14 9:27 am

Hi Was wondering if anyone had any information on wait times for surgery referral went 2012 doing first initial group meeting august 21 does this mean surgery is comming soon?

shoutjoy
on 8/7/14 8:45 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hello, well, I hope so but every place has their own protocol to follow.  Insurance companies too. Some have hefty requirements before approval, some don't.  Hang in there. The hoops and obstacles are worth it in the end.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Valerie G.
on 8/7/14 11:31 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Just to be sure, give your insurance company a call and ask them if there's anything you'll need to do before you submit for pre-approval.  There may be some additional appointments to make that you can be planning right now.  Don't depend on the surgeon's office to know everything.  Mine tried to make me do a 6 month pre-op diet that wasn't required and I had to argue with them to get them to submit my package.  Once I was approved, my surgery date was 6 weeks later.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Bigmama2014
on 8/8/14 4:29 am

Hi Thanks for your replys from my understanding I am approved insurance wise as I live in NL and will be under MCP, I am hopin g that surgery will be within this year, but I know this information session will have a lot of people.

Most Active