pro bono plastic surgeons?

Tawyna1
on 8/7/14 1:24 am

Does anyone know of pro bono plastic surgeons? 

poet_kelly
on 8/7/14 2:16 am - OH

I think many surgeons do some cases pro bono.  Usually things like children born with terrible deformities, etc.   I don't know of any that do all their work pro bono - how would they live?  They need to make some money to live on.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hollykim
on 8/7/14 2:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

only for catastrophic injury cases,not for extra skin removal.

Kate -True Brit
on 8/7/14 3:38 am - UK

Well if I were a plastic surgeon wanting to do something for others, I would work with children born with appalling deformities, victims of war or violence. Maybe work with Medicins Sans Frontières or major charities. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Valerie G.
on 8/7/14 3:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you're willing to be a test subject, many teaching hospitals offer considerable discounts to have plastic surgery 3rd and 4th yr residents learn by operating on you.  Of course they are supervised and assisted by a board certified PS, but don't expect perfection like you would if you paid full-price.  Call a nearby medical school with a PS program to see if such an opportunity is offered.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MyLady Heidi
on 8/7/14 6:11 am

My tt was done at Yale, using a residency program, it cost 4k back in 2006 when I had it done, my stomach is still perfectly flat 8 years later.  I highly recommend Yale in CT.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/7/14 4:51 am

I presume the line would be out the door and down the block for such a service.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

jewlz318
on 8/7/14 7:19 am

i dont know of any, but at my drs office, they said basically if you say something is bothering, for example excess skin creating a rash and you tell the dr, it will become medically necessary and most insurances will cover it

MsBatt
on 8/7/14 7:23 am
On August 7, 2014 at 2:19 PM Pacific Time, jewlz318 wrote:

i dont know of any, but at my drs office, they said basically if you say something is bothering, for example excess skin creating a rash and you tell the dr, it will become medically necessary and most insurances will cover it

Oh, if only it was that easy! Most insurance carriers require a long-standing medical problem with LOTS of evidence to back it up.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/8/14 10:01 am

Absolutely not true in the least.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active