Pea Isolate Protein?

~ Dana ~
on 8/6/14 11:03 am - Henderson, NV

I have never heard of pea isolate protein. Any input on it? 

~ Dana ~

Valerie G.
on 8/6/14 11:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Vegetable proteins are incomplete as a single source of protein, but better than nothing.  If you have an aversion to whey, also try egg white protein.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/14 4:43 pm

Why not just eat peas ? The middleman takes his profit from " isolating " that vegetable protein... give mine to me organic and locally grown please ...all the fiber ( and taste ) intact ... juicy fresh yummy natural peas.. a great fall crop to plant RIGHT NOW  :) 

Valerie G.
on 8/6/14 10:06 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Now that's a silly question.  Why not eat all of your protein instead of all these supplements?

I believe you've been around long enough to know that answer.

Valerie
DS 2005

56sunShine14
on 8/7/14 1:49 am

ok, now I am stumped...or just not awake yet!  Why is that a silly question?

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Valerie G.
on 8/7/14 3:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Let's recall the original subject inquiring about pea protein instead of whey protein.

• The question was "Why not eat peas?"

It's a silly question because we eat/drink/ingest protein supplements because of our wls, we CANNOT EAT ENOUGH TO SUSTAIN ON OUR OWN.  If we could just eat it, we wouldn't need protein supplements at all, right?

That's why it's a silly question. 

Valerie
DS 2005

~ Dana ~
on 8/8/14 10:54 am - Henderson, NV

The reason I asked was because I also juice, I saw a protein powder that can be added to juice but it's a pea isolate protein. Never heard of it before. 

~ Dana ~

Eggface
on 8/8/14 11:01 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I tried Nutra Summa at my health food store awhile back... tasty, mixed with almond mix. I tried Vanilla and Chocolate. They were better than I imagined they would be. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active