Trying again

gfahle
on 8/6/14 3:13 am

Had a roulen-y gastric bypass in 1996.  Lost over 100 lbs and have been up and down ever since.  Right now I am at one of my highest weights.  Any suggestions out there as to what procedure to do or if another one is even possible after the prior surgery?

poet_kelly
on 8/6/14 3:40 am - OH

I think it depends at least in part on the reason for your regain.  I'd start by seeing your doctor and having an endoscopy to check on the size of your pouch and stoma.

If I needed a revision, I'd want to revise to DS.  But you may also need to address some issues that led to the regain.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kathy S.
on 8/6/14 6:09 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi gfahle,

If you have not done so make an appointment with your surgeon to find out if your regain is due to a medical issue. If not, you may want to try getting back to the basics before a revision, but that is up to you.

We have a group here called Back On Track Together.  It has some great articles on how to get back on track and great support too.  We hope to see you there 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Cathy W.
on 8/6/14 5:00 am

Make an appointment with your bariatric surgeon to check out the mechanics of your surgery.  First, you need to make sure your WLS tool is okay.

What do you attribute the cause for your weight gain? 

If I were to need a revision, I'd have a DS.

Most Active