Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana

hkemp99
on 8/6/14 8:30 am

Has anyone had any interaction with or used Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana for their surgery? I'd like to hear what you thought of your experience. I will be talking to him in the next few days and hope to schedule sleeve surgery soon. Thank you! 

bertgamble2001
on 8/6/14 3:49 pm - Willits, CA

I was actually planning on using him as a surgeon.  I spoke with him on the phone, and he is a very pleasant person who will take the time to answer all of your questions.

The only reason I chose differently is because my wife was adamantly against doing it in Mexico.  Now I will pay more for the same thing.

Whizkid
on 8/9/14 12:33 pm

I just came from Tijuana last week. He is excellent! He takes the time to meet with you personally, is happy to answer all your questions. He is certified in America as well and as a Wisconsin native speaks perfect English. Hospital Angles is more like a hotel than a hospital and everyone I encountered spoke English, so I was very comfortable. It was cleaner than some U.S. hospitals, nurses and doctors always used hand sanitizer when entering room. Which I later learned that another high volume doctor puts you in a hospital that was a converted shopping center and did NOT have even soap in the rooms. Can you imagine that??? I wish I had brought a support person with me as I was a bit confused and frightened when I came out of sedation. But the nurses were very nice and helped a lot. I was given pain meds if I needed them. I stayed in the hospital for two days, then in hotel for two days with him visiting every day. He even had a meal with me and brought his family with him. It was a nice meal, first broth in days tasted SO good! lol. I had free vouchers for soup and had all the Jello, Popsicle and such that I wanted. He does not make you leave the hospital hours after surgery like some other doctors in Tijuana, and he only does 3-4 a day. Not 12 like a few others. His complication rate is lower than others which is one reason I chose him. I felt bad for some patients in hotel, not sure who Dr was, but they were not given pain meds after they were taken from clinic. Some were in horrible pain, I guess they could go to a close pharmacy and get pain meds, but it is NOT good patient care to make them do that. Anyway, 11 lbs lighter than when I went! Yay me!

Most Active