YIPPEE!! One down, one to go!

56sunShine14
on 8/6/14 1:03 am

I saw the surgeon today as my follow up to having my lap band removed.  He put me on a full liquid diet for the past 2 weeks and I have to say, it wasn't bad.  I made it through with only one exception, I ate a protein bar in the morning to take my meds with coffee.  I don't do well if I do that on an empty or "fluid" stomach.

That said, I lost 10 pounds in that 2 weeks!!    Everything looks good and this afternoon I go to the informational meeting for the Sleeve.  Then the balls starts rolling.  I have to lose 40 more pounds and that puts me into end September when the 8 week recovery is over from this surgery.  So, maybe by my birthday, I will have the sleeve. 

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Member Services
on 8/6/14 2:06 am - Irvine, CA

WooHoo we are doing the Happy Dance.

Cathy W.
on 8/6/14 5:05 am

Way to go, Karen!  You're well on your way to being a Sleeve post-op. 

Did you let your surgeon know about needing to take your medication with food?  Just a suggestion but I'd give the office a call just to let them know.

What an awesome birthday gift - your Sleeve!!

Tracy D.
on 8/6/14 5:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good job! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jenn1469
on 8/6/14 8:14 am

Awesome good luck

Jennifer

56sunShine14
on 8/6/14 11:05 am

Thanks all!  Yes, I told him, I think he had forgotten that he put me on that diet. LOL.  But I did what I was supposed to do other than that and it all worked out.  Once the sleeve is in, it will always be by the book. I was the same with the band.  I don't take chances once the surgery is done.  I asked if I could eat now, one meal a day and he was good with that as long as I keep the portions small as he does a tight sleeve.  Might have to talk with him some more about that cuz I don't want to go back to constant vomiting.

But I am happy!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active