Almost 9yrs post-op/weight gain/alcoholic

Mell
on 8/5/14 3:17 am

Good Morning!

I am so glad you are getting help, please stick to it, get the alcoholic issues situated first.

We lost my sister in law in November, she had just turned 36, within a year and a half of having RNY alcohol had killed her.

I am a lap bander and it has definitely renewed my commitment to being healthy and taking care of my band/self.

Wishing you the best of luck!! I know you can do it!!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/14 3:45 am

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement. Alcoholism is certainly a deadly disease and I'm sorry to hear of your sister in law's passing. As someone said previously it is SO common among RNY patients. I had no idea when I had the surgery but honestly had I known it likely wouldn't have mattered because I didn't drink at all back then. Had someone told me you'll not be able to drink successfully I would not have cared. My life was completely changed inside of a year of drinking but thankfully I'm still here! I'll have 6 months sober on the 24th of this month. It's much like eating right we can only do a day at a time and try the handle life the best we know how but we'll never be "cured" Best of luck to you as well!

MindyMac51
on 8/5/14 7:54 am

Hey Stacy, how are you doing today? I hope all continues to go well and that you'll see some more wt. loss soon.

Kathy S.
on 8/5/14 3:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

My heart goes out to you and all you have been through.  A saying I try to live by helps me not beat myself up.  Don't look back unless you are headed there!

You are getting back to the basics, taking it one day at a time and log everything you eat and do.  As other members said, join the Back On Track Together group and come here often for support. We look forward to hearing from you and how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/14 3:50 am, edited 8/5/14 3:50 am

Thank you Kathy I will check it out for sure! I've been using an app called Lose It! that my company is using for a wellness challenge and I log everything I eat as well as exercise there. I really like how much it helps me and I think sharing with real people will help even more. Most people in my day to day life don't really wanna hear about everything I eat and my exercise lol :)

Most Active