Using My band again

BackToTheBand
on 8/4/14 12:38 am

Hi,

I was banded in 2011 and had some sucess with the band but not as much as I hope intitially I lose about 50lbs, after that I found ways to "cheat" around the band and basically letting my diet return back to normal. Now three years later I forget I am even banded, I feel as though I can eat normal or if not more than normal portions. Occasionally I will become stuck and ende up bringing back up some of my food. I have an appointment with the NP on monday. Has anyone ever strayed as far as I have and returned back to using their band sucessfully. what did you do? I am no in the market for a revision I really just want to use the band and get back on track as soon as I can.

Thanks

Kate -True Brit
on 8/4/14 3:19 am - UK

Personally no, I have regained some weight a couple of times but always got back. But I am sure you can do it if you are determined enough.

I am assuming your band is not quite tight enough as you can eat what you want. It must have some effect if you get stuc****asionally but that might be simply because you are eating too fast or the wrong things. 

I suggest possibly a small fill and then back to basics. Measure food - protein first, crunchy veggies and a very small amount of carbs if room. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active