Problems after gastric bypass

mistyreisor
on 8/3/14 9:24 am

I am 2 months post op gastric bypass. I have nausea all day everyday. Vomit sometimes. Can't really eat it makes it worse.Have had a lot of test but can't seem to find anything wrong. please has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Misty Reisor

Cherokeesage
on 8/3/14 9:43 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

I've known patients to have a stitch that needed trimmed but I assume you had a scope already to see if that is the case.   Your body is still healing so you may just need a little more time.  Hopefully, your surgeon or staff can give you some suggestions in addition to what you get here.  Early out I could not intake any amount of sugar without feeling ill.  The only protein powder that I could tolerate was unflavored mixed in rice or almond milk as I am lactose intolerant as well.   My digestive system does not handle solid vitamins at all.  I tried several brands and personally do best with those that dissolve or melt in the mouth cause me the least stomach and tract distress.    

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

White Dove
on 8/4/14 12:18 am, edited 8/4/14 12:23 am - Warren, OH

I did not eat much solid foods until about four months out.  Even though my plan allowed things, my stomach did not agree.  I just stuck to shakes.  In a few months things got better.  By 18 months I could eat half a sandwich.  But eating very little is the main reason for the weight loss.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 8/4/14 12:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

most likely it is dehydration. Are you getting minimum of 64 ounces of fluid a day? Probably not cause of the nausea,and that is where the vicious cycle starts. You are nauseated so you. Can't drink,which causes you to get dehydrated,which causes nausea.... And there you go. I would suggest going to the er for IV fluids and once the nausea is gon,you drink constantly. GL and don't mess around... Dehydration can. Be deadly.

mistyreisor
on 8/4/14 2:38 am

I am just going to go to the ER amf request a IV

Valerie G.
on 8/4/14 2:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have they tried giving you an IV for severe dehydration?  It causes nausea and fatigue, which makes it less likely for you to want to drink anything -- a vicious circle.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mistyreisor
on 8/4/14 2:27 am
mistyreisor
on 8/4/14 2:44 am

I also have constant muccous in my throat.

MsBatt
on 8/4/14 6:12 am

Yep, sounds a lot like dehydration. Have you been checked for a stricture?

mistyreisor
on 8/4/14 6:59 am

Headed to ER now

Most Active