The time of night

jillbeme
on 8/1/14 1:59 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

This is the time of night when the family goes to bed. The house is quiet. Where my head rages and I think I am hungry.  This is my dark time. This is where I turn to OH for help. I can make it through this. I am 3 days post op. My cravings are horrible to think I have a week to go on clear liquids. I can do this. I know I can. 

Jill     

kathkeb
on 8/1/14 2:23 pm

Yes, you CAN do it!

it might help to brush your teeth and floss and gargle well...to have a nice fresh mouth .....

Sip some water and read the boards.

Hang in there!!!!

Kath

Bubbles314
on 8/1/14 2:32 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

You can do this.  It is also my quiet time at night when I want to graze.  I have not had surgery yet but I know I will be on this board just like you hoping someone will say something to keep me straight (I really want the surgery just kind of scared of what your going through).  Keep looking toward the goal a leaner healthier you.  We are all sending good vibes your way.

Bette B.
on 8/1/14 9:26 pm

Bubbles - I have, from time to time, made an offer to give OHers (on request) a virtual kick in the ass. It looks like this: 

although the picture may change. 

Anyone who needs one can feel free to ask! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

56sunShine14
on 8/2/14 2:14 am

LOL!!!!!     And if you have a program on your computer you could even put our faces there....if we have a pic that is.  ;)

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 8/2/14 2:11 am

I agree with this!  When your teeth and mouth are free of any food residue and flavor, your head hunger goes away.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

NYMom222
on 8/1/14 2:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 10 days post-op. I know it may be 'head hunger' but I have definitely felt hunger over this time. Keep sipping your water. Does your Doctor allow SF Popsicles? Not something I ever bought before but they were a life saver to me... flavorful-cool-and not liquid. Very satisfying. Good Luck.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kate -True Brit
on 8/1/14 9:07 pm - UK

Drink and drink again! Do something which means you can't eat, like take a bath. You can eat in the bath but nit if you don't take the food in with you! Look at people's before and after pictures. 

You can do this! No-one on here found sticking to a diet easy, that's why we had wls. So we all understand! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bette B.
on 8/1/14 9:22 pm, edited 8/1/14 9:22 pm

If *I* could do it, you can, too. It was the longest week of my life (and I did it in December, when you're even MORE bombarded by food advertising.

A day at a time. An hour at a time. Keep those fluids in; that will help you some with the hunger. If the hunger stays insane, talk to your surgeon about whether he/she thinks you can move to stage two. But DO NOT move on without approval!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/14 11:08 pm

You can do this. You need to make yourself go to bed.Just think about how bad you wanted this surgery.Look also how the sleeve did not work for you. WLS is just a tool. We have to learn to change old habits. 

I am one of those people who loves to stay up late at night.And my mind starts to wonder what there is to eat in the kitchen. I make myself go to bed. Trust me I am not perfect by any means. Last weekend I found myself shoving a cupcake in my mouth and I stopped myself and went outside and told my company that I was going to bed. I knew night time eating would hit me again.

Best of luck to you.

Most Active