Post op pics of incisions

56sunShine14
on 8/1/14 2:07 am

I haven't yet learned how to put the pics on the post but I have posted 3 in my profile album.  For reference mainly for the new posters but also I have a question.  These are post lap band removal pics.

Do you think these look infected?  Since this isn't my first surgery where I have had incision lines, I have not worried about these but wanted your input. 

What looks like little blisters is really just tiny bumps that aren't anything but my skin.  The redness was much more "angry" earlier on and I keep neosporin around (not on) ea*****ision to keep my scratching under control.  I don't really feel they are infected but just healing.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

kheinz
on 8/1/14 2:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I had a bit of reaction to the tape they used so mine were a bit red and itchy.

Hislady
on 8/1/14 4:10 am - Vancouver, WA

You might want to get them checked, I don't recall mine being that red even right after my band was removed. Try some benedryl for the itching, it can help alot.

56sunShine14
on 8/1/14 10:18 am

Yup, I use Benadryl cream around them for the itchy skin and Neosporin to keep infection away. I will be seeing him next week and will have to wait any way since it is the weekend.  So, will be very vigilant until then.  I don't have a fever or any other symptoms.  I believe I had these same issues when the band was placed but don't remember for sure.  They weren't infected then.  It could also be due to the bandage adhesive, I am allergic to all of them.

Thanks for the advice tho.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/1/14 12:11 pm - Belleville, IL

I'm NOT a doctor, but they don't look infected at all. I too had a reaction to the "tape" (Pustules, redness) yours look actually better, mine looked rather bad with lots of bruising and oozing and one incision they put steri-strips on opened up two days later and you could see the fat/dermis and such underneath. I just threw a butterfly bandaid on it and used the benedryl cream where the tape was. Your incisions look cleaner than most folks.  (I also had Franken-metal staples too)

Good luck!

Warmly,Ducky

56sunShine14
on 8/2/14 2:23 am

YIKES!  franken metal staples?  I had them on a knee replacement and they hurt like hell to get out!

they continue to be red around them but they are not hard nor are they warm to the touch so I think they are simply healing.  I typically recover very quickly and well and hope this is no different.  Thanks for your input.

Karen

Most Active