Plastics....How old is too old??

Cece2014
on 8/1/14 1:26 am

My neighbor, who "mysteriously stays 62..." has had tummy tuck, arm lift, neck lift and boobs.  She is actually 80!

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 11:03 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Thanks Christine!

kathkeb
on 8/1/14 10:18 am

WLS at age 50

Brachioplasty and breast lift at 52

Tummy tuck at 53

Kath

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 11:09 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Good for you Kath!  I feel much better about my decision now. Do you mind me asking if you work outside the home and if so was is difficult to get the time off from work needed to recover?  Especially since you had three surgeries in 4 years. Thanks!

kathkeb
on 8/2/14 2:33 am

I do Project Management from home, occasionally traveling to client meetings.

My WLS was a Realize Band .. Done on a Friday morning, outpatient and I took that day plus 1 week off from work.

My brachio and breast lift was done the Thursday before Thanksgiving.  I took that Thursday and Friday, then the following week .... And was driving myself to a family party 150 miles away a week after surgery.

My Tummy tuck was a Thursday and I took that Thursday and Friday and the following week for vacation.

Interestingly, I was able to get short term disability to cover the WLS (even though I was self pay for the procedure) but I had to use vacation for the 2 reconstructive surgeries.

I get 5 weeks of vacation a year, so I didn't fight it......I just took the vacation time.

Kath

jeterway
on 8/1/14 11:42 am

WLS at 53.  Started my plastics journey at 55 - finishing up at 58.  Don't regret one bit of it.

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 8:18 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

Thank you for sharing with me.  I am feeling so much better hearing all of the positive experiences everyone had!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/1/14 11:49 am - Belleville, IL

I haven't had plastics personally, but agree with everyone else...You're only too "old" when your in the ground, ha-ha! I say Go for it and enjoy your new life and confidence! I wish you all the best and to all the other folks who have found happiness in their new looks!

Warmly,

Ducky

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/14 10:50 pm

DO IT!  You put in the work to get the body you deserve. Now, just put the finishing touches on it.  Seriously, you are eating right and taking care of yourself. Plastic surgery to correct any remaining imperfections is a form of good groom and self love.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

White Dove
on 8/2/14 12:30 am - Warren, OH

Well Joan Rivers is 81 and still getting plastic surgeries.  My favorite quote is:

"Weight Loss Surgery Gave Me Back My Health; Plastic Surgery Gave Me Back My Self Esteem"

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active