Plastics....How old is too old??

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 12:35 am
VSG on 04/09/14

I am 49 years old and 30-35 lbs. away from my goal weight.   I have been dreaming about a tummy tuck and possibly a breast lift for years.  But now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I am wondering if I am now too old to be seriously contemplating it.  Has anyone had plastics done at my age or older and are you glad you had it done?  I am pretty healthy.   Thanks for any input!

hollykim
on 8/1/14 1:01 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I had a huge round of plastics inJanuary and I am 59. I think dead is too old for plastics,personally!

GL

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 10:53 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Thank you Holly I feel much better now!  Do you mind me asking what you had done and what your recovery time was?

hollykim
on 8/1/14 11:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I had arms lift,breast reduction and lift,lower body lift,thigh lift. Then two days later I had lower face lift and eye lid lift.

my insurance covered nothing so I went to MX and had an awesome experience.

it took me a good three months to get fully recovered but not working outside the home,I was able to be a slug as long as I felt like I needed to. I was very very careful about not overdoing too soon since I didn't want any complications.

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 8:16 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

Holly, you've had everything done I only wish I could do.  I'm worried about getting the time off work and of course the cost (of not working AND the surgery).  Would it be too much info if I asked you if you would message me your total cost?  I so want to get everything done you had done.  Also, did you know someone who went to MX for surgery and is that why you decided to have surgery there?

hollykim
on 8/2/14 2:15 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I used Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey. He has a huge following on this board,he has a group under the groups heading. I have been reading.  That group since Wls nearly 5 years ago,knowing I would be needing/wanting plastics at some point. 

While I didn't "know"any of the ppl who used him,personally,I knew them from his group. His is simply excellent and everything about my stay there was excellent. Look for a message.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 8/1/14 1:03 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Ha! I am 50 and just had an LBL, BL with implants, thigh lift, the whole 9 yards. And probably will get my eyelids done this fall. I am most definitely not too old for this and neither are you. GO for it!! You will feel super great about your 49 year old self and will look 30! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 10:59 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Wow, Julia that is awesome!  Did you have it all done at the same time?  How long was your recovery?  I am a nurse and I'm worried about getting the time off from work to have it done since it is elective surgery.  The cost scares me too. Did your insurance cover any of it?

Tracy D.
on 8/1/14 1:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Are you kidding?!?  You're far from "too old".  I'm 52 and will probably be 53 or 54 before I can get all the work done that I want/need.  Everyone I know of in our age range has felt it was absolutely worth it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Nierdemi
on 8/1/14 11:01 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Thanks Tracy, your reply has made me feel so much better!

Most Active