Starting the Process

rhon1017
on 7/29/14 6:33 am - Gastonia, NC

My fiancé had RNY in February.  He is down 90 pounds.  Watching the ease in which he has lost the weight makes me think I can do this.  He fully supports me.  He says its my decision and he will love me either way.

I'm scared!! Do I really want to do this?  I love to eat carbs, Mt. Dews, etc.  Can I give these up?

hollykim
on 7/29/14 6:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I don't know,can you? What do you want more? Mt dew sorry to be slim and healthier?

rhon1017
on 7/29/14 6:43 am - Gastonia, NC

I want to be slim and healthier.  I think I'm making it harder in my head to put down the Dew's that it is.

Valerie G.
on 7/29/14 8:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

YOU MUST give up Mt.Dew, or at least switch to diet.  Carbs will need to be kept in control, too.

Before you go getting the exact same procedure as your fiance, learn all you can about the VSG and DS, too.  WLS is not one-size-fits-all.  Each procedure works differently, which goes with the different reasons we are obese.  I was inspired by coworkers, and wound up with an entirely different procedure than they had, and grateful that I put into the work to learn about everything.  I'm still successful today as a result.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ssegura72
on 7/29/14 12:40 pm

Hello, 

I used to live off of Coke. I never drank anything else. Once my dr put I'm my referral in I stopped drinking soda. It's been 3 months and I don't miss it. I'm working on losing my 10% pre op diet. 

Good Luck

Sandie

Most Active