I havent been told i need a liquid diet 2 weeks before my WLS...!

Valerie G.
on 7/28/14 11:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Pre-op diets are a matter of preference for the surgeon.  Mine required absolutely nothing except to not eat after midnight the day before.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/28/14 1:25 pm - OH

I had the same surgeon as Valerie, so nothing required of me at all except a bowel prep and no food or drink after midnight.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

csbsteph
on 7/28/14 1:58 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I was on the same diet as you, it was required for two weeks but I did it for a month & then only had to do liquids only for either 2 or 3 days. can't remember which but it wasn't for two weeks like some & Doc said my liver looked great & healthy.  Good luck & best wishes for a speedy recovery when you have your surgery. 

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Parker H.
on 7/28/14 1:58 pm - NC

10 day liquid diet for me.  Lost 10 lbs during that time.  Shrunk my liver to near "normal".  However, if you do not have a fatty liver, or the hospital believes it to be okay enough to operate on then you won't be required to be on one.  The 24 hours thing is so that you don't vomit and choke on it when they put you to sleep.  

Good luck by the way!  If you know this is the right decision, then you will do fine!

Parker H.

-SW: 360        -GW: 210        -Sur Date: 05/20/14       - Surgeon:  Dr. Jonathan Hata

Most Active