STAGE TWO! Gastric Bypass and Greek Yogurt

gnoff886
on 7/25/14 7:30 am
RNY on 07/16/14

Hello! 

I'm day 2 into Stage 2, and pureed meat it beginning to disgust me. I'm continuing with shakes and puddings, and today I had some greek yogurt. FINALLY something I enjoy! My nutritionist said avoid anything with over 10 g of sugar, and avoid any yogurts with fruit in the bottom. I had a Yoplait Greek 100 Calorie Vanilla (which was an example of an okay flavor). Does anyone have any other ideas of some that may work for me? I was considering doing the Light and Fit Chocolate Raspberry. Do you think the flavor matters as long as it meets the above criteria?

LiViAnN_mommy
on 7/25/14 10:01 am - Citrus heights, CA

The chocolate is good. My hubby like the cherry chocolate and I really like the coconut one. Po hear there is a citrus one at target that's good but I have not tried it. Good luck!

gtrdyfor50
on 7/25/14 10:36 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I have been eating the light and fit since early on, I've had most of the flavors, I think you will be fine with anything. Caramel Machiatto is my favorite and I still have it at least once a day.

gnoff886
on 7/25/14 1:26 pm
RNY on 07/16/14

Thanks everyone! I bought tons of flavors. I had some for dinner... then I didn't feel like eating. I can't wait for stage three because all this food just isn't appetizing to me! I'd rarher stick to my shakes. Any other food suggestions? I alsotried ground chili with beans, and it grosses me out.

emckechnie
on 7/26/14 1:51 pm - West Sacramento, CA

Go buy some Andersons Split Pea Soup with Bacon. It tastes like real food and you don't have to puree it. Can you eat cottage cheese? I find that to be a good meal, 14 grams of protein, too.

basilmk
on 7/25/14 2:38 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

The only yogurt I like is the Yoplait 100 Greek Black Cherry. When I asked my dietician I was told that the problem was the skins. I used my stick blender to purée the fruit at the bottom and had no problems.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

MickeyDee
on 7/25/14 11:11 pm

I found that using either Chobani or Fage plain greek yoghurt is great;  high in protein per serving, and you can add your personal favorite flavorings to it.

I like to use frozen mango chunks, or mandarine oranges, or canned or frozen peaches, then use Truvia or Stevia for sweetener.

You can also use plain unsweetened yoghurt as a topping like sour cream on chili, etc.

Good luck.

MindyMac51
on 7/26/14 12:20 am

I like most favors of Light n Fit Greek yogurt and Chobani 100 Greek yogurt. I especially like Light n Fit vanilla, toasted coconut, black cherry, orange creme. Only 80 calories each container. Chobani 100 has 100 cal., but Chobani regular has 150 calories and more sugars. Be sure to go with low sugar Greek yogurt. I think Yoplait is a but higher.

For or a protein shake flavor boost, I often add 1/2 a container of vanilla or toasted coconut Greek yogurt, as well as almond milk (unsweetened). For more intense coconut flavor, I use Fit n Light toasted coconut Greek yogurt and coconut-almond milk. Yum - like toasted almond bars without the sugars and fat. The orange creme tastes kinda like a Creamsicle bar; also very good for mixing with vanilla protein powder. 

PDTLORMAND1
on 7/26/14 4:24 pm - Starks, LA

bUY A 25 DOLLAR YOGURT MAKER AND MAKE YOUR OWN. MUCH BETTER TASTING AND BETTER FOR YOU. i USE INSTANT SUGAR FREE PUDDING MIX AND MAKE MY OWN FLAVORS.

Most Active