Thank you gift?

56sunShine14
on 7/25/14 9:56 am

That is the same program I was talking about in my earlier post.  Great to tell someone they are making a difference!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

k9ophile
on 7/25/14 6:14 am, edited 7/25/14 6:15 am

Most hospitals forbid the nurses from taking an individual gift so it should be something they all can enjoy. If you give food, make sure you give enough for all shifts or give a gift to accommodate each shift. (Believe me, there are hard feelings when one shift eats all the goodies.)  I work in a hospital and one patient gave the unit a very pretty statue of an angel.  All of the nurses loved it and it's been there at least 5 years. 

My husband took a sandwich tray on his last day of outpatient physical therapy; no shift problems.

ETA:  A letter to the CNO is always good .  If you can add specific details, it's nice, yet even a general note showing appreciation is a very nice gesture. Sad to say, I was too out of it to even think of a gift, but I did thank all the nurse at the nurses station as I was being wheeled out. There was a patient who had complications and had been there for 3 weeks; I gave her my flowers that people had sent so I guess I wasn't a total dolt.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Newstart2014
on 7/25/14 11:07 am - NC

Thanks everyone!! Great ideas !!

DawnMillington
on 7/28/14 1:55 am - CT

It wasn't for my WLS but for another surgery I've gotten a floral arrangement and brought it to the nurses station as I was discharged.  They loved it!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/28/14 2:53 am - OH

Sometimes a heartfelt note is appreciated more than a gift.  I sent my surgeon a note (marked personal... and it was clearly on personal (floral) stationery) and let her know how much I appreciated her support before and after surgery, and that the RNY (and losing the weight that I put on from two traumas) had enabled me to move beyond some of the trauma and really get my life back.

Three days later I got a personal note back from HER thanking me so much for sharing with her... That my note made her day.

She is no longer at her previous practice, so when I got my PhD, I sent her an email via Facebook (no, I am not one of her FB friends, but you can email anyone) to tell her that I never would have had the physical stamina to complete it (while working full time) without the RNY.  She was very excited for me and told me that she was proud of me for completing it, for maintaining my own weight loss, and for working with WLS candidates to help them be successful too.  THAT made MY day.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active