New to OH and Need Some Encouragement

Heartgirl57
on 7/24/14 7:34 am - Tacoma , DC

I'm scheduled for VSG Aug 4, 2014 in Mexico.  In the middle of my pre-op diet. Everything I have read says that it gets easier, but I don't find that to be true.  Day 8 of 2 protein shakes, lean meat and greens for dinner and I have lost 19 pounds which is good but I am now feeling weak, tired and just out of sorts.  (I felt pretty good the first 4-5 days).  I haven't even gotten to the all protein shake phase!  Anyone else feel the same?  Will this pass?  I have wanted WLS for over 20 years and now it is finally coming to fruition and I am nervous and excited and I know I will get through this pre-op diet thing but I can't shake this weird feeling.  Maybe I am mourning my friend food!   Thoughts, comments, suggestions?   

Member Services
on 7/24/14 12:45 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Heartgirl57,

This is normal as your body is purging its self of all the "junk" you have been consuming for years.  If you feel it may be something more serious please give your surgeon's office a call.  Since you are having the VSG be sure and post this on the VSG forum to reach out to those that are having the same surgery as you.

We are so excited for you and your upcoming surgery.   Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards,

Member Services

gnoff886
on 7/25/14 7:37 am
RNY on 07/16/14

Hey there! I had a 2 week pre op that consisted of 4 shakes daily, and for dinner, a lean protein or veggies. By the beginning of weak two, I felt the same way you're describing. My doctor said it could be many things ranging from blood pressure to an elecrolyte imbalance. My doctor switched some things in my diet, and I started drinking propel zero, and I was better by the following day. Call you doctor and see if they have any recommendations.

Most Active