What was "THAT" moment when you realized you are in fact obese...

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 8:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

This. 'Nuff said.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

D66
on 7/26/14 1:20 pm

Looking back at your photos  and now... You look wonderful. Congratulations

Karen M.
on 7/26/14 10:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you. Better yet, I feel better at 120 pounds than when I did at 290 pounds. You've also reminded me I really need to update with an 8 year pic. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Judi2
on 7/26/14 10:37 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

For me it was the day I finally decided I wouldn't stay I'm a mentally abusive marriage. That's is when everything in my life became clear. For the first time I was able to see how bad it had gotten in all aspects of my life. 

So glad that happened and greatful for new beginnings. 

D66
on 7/27/14 12:15 am

Yay, congrats for breaking away from a terrible person and regain a new life. I too was in that boat and it sank. I found myself losing who I was on the inside. Eating too find some form of comfort because he did not care and I could not make him love me. He had several affairs while we were married and many nights I cried myself to sleep. To avoid ownership he would blame me by attacking my appearance.. He was a grown bully. I really believe he was trying to drive my crazy and sad to say he almost won.... However, from deep inside I found the strength to fight back.... Who would have thought that five years later I'd love again and married a wonderful man. I'm certainly blessed. 

MyLady Heidi
on 7/26/14 10:54 pm, edited 7/26/14 11:12 pm

Been there done that, my mother tried everything including the comments, my whole family had weight prejudice, but it didn't stop me from being MO for twenty years after I got married.  My mother was a type 1 diabetic, she didn't want the same for me.  But two years after she died at 61 I became diabetic and knew all those warnings and comments my mother had made were trying to prevent this.  I had rny 2 years later and have been diabetes free and a normal bmi and finally the shackles of MO are broken.

Good Luck, and try to forgived your mother, as embarassing and mean as it was it was to make you finally see the light and help yourself.

D66
on 7/27/14 12:20 am

Thank you. I do love my mother and I'm certain she means well. Besides, it's her raw truths that had pushed me to become motivated to win this war of obesity and regain a healthier life.

You look so beautiful. Congrats on your weight loss and healthier life.

Darlene

MyLady Heidi
on 7/29/14 3:53 am

Thanks Darlene,

Good Luck to you, I hope you have a successful journey and your mom is your biggest cheerleader!!

snansen
on 7/29/14 12:58 am - Renton, WA

My moment was during Christmas 2013.  My sister-in-law was having a get together with about a dozen of her friends and I was making excuses not to go. We went and I was the biggest person there. This brought me to the point of seeing what my weight was doing to me, not only physically, but also emotionally.  I could see a future of loneliness, fear and self-loathing.  That was my bottom.  In January 2014 I went to an information session about WLS and in February I had my first appointment with my surgeon.  I am almost three months out now and I am feeling great.  I am glad I had RNY and have reclaimed my life.

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

¿Qué sería de mí si no fuera por tu gracia y tu amor?

D66
on 7/29/14 2:36 am

Thank you for your response. I see we've experienced a very similar situation that brought us to where we're at.

I've not had surgery yet but well onto my way to achieving my goal of doing so.

Can't wait to be where you're at...a better place

Thanks again