People from the WA State area: WLS Friendly Doctor??

Katyllw
on 7/21/14 5:30 am

My general care doctor for the past 5 years has stated that she does NOT under any cir****tances support WLS for anyone, it isn't personal - but she will not fill out the forms required by my insurance company stating that she feels I am a valid candidate. I need to find a doctor in the Washington State (Tacoma is best) area who is WLS friendly. Anyone from the area know of one?? This is literally the last inital hoop I have to jump through before we submit our request to the insurance company so I'm eager to get going.

11Jenn11
on 7/21/14 12:47 pm

My doc was in Enumclaw. Not too far from tacoma but im sure you can find someone closer too. If you call first and tell them you need a wls referal then you can weed out anyone else that may not be pro wls. 

Jenn 

Whatever will be, will be

Amy R.
on 7/21/14 1:48 pm

You might try speaking with bariatric surgery offices.  They are very familiar with local docs and likely would be able to give you some names.

My own GP is incredibly awesome - but he's not taking new patients.  I doubt you'll have much trouble though, once you talk to the right people.  Good luck=)

amy

K X.
on 7/22/14 2:31 pm

My Dr was a Franciscan Dr and I had the Surgery at Franciscan Center for Weight Management in Federal Way. My husband saw a Franciscan dr for his stuff as well. Maybe try calling the Weight Management Center (253-944-2080) and asking for a recommendation. They also have orientations where you learn a lot of info. Try checking their website. 

DS 07/08/14 Dr Houseworth

HW/284  SW/270 1 week post op/262

lynnster44
on 7/23/14 3:04 pm

My gp is in Marysville area and when I mentioned I was considering surgery her comment was 'you will just gain it all back in a few years cause you won't change your lifestyle"

She seen me for 30 minutes twice over the last 2 years and she's could lose few lbs herself.

I know a few people who had the surgery years ago and they may have gained back 20 or 30 pounds but not the hundreds they lost. Why are the doctors here so against someone try to improve or save their lives. There's tons of help for people addicted to drugs or alcohol but not this?...sorry your Dr didn't support you. Kudos to you for not excepting her no and moving on. 

Most Active