drinking water problem

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/14 12:18 pm

After i had sleeve gastrictomy about a month ago i have problem with drinking water every time i drink water make me vomit not happend with any other food or drink is that normal my doctor said its not for long time but it makes me uncomfortable how can i deal with this

Pegasus_AM
on 7/20/14 11:49 pm

I haven't had surgery yet but I was wondering is it after you drink any amount of water ?? maybe you need to take very small sips frequently. I know when I'm having problems with keeping fluids down such as with the flu I drink very small amounts but frequently 15mls every 15 minutes. My mother on the other hands can't stand the flavour of plain water where we live the water has lots of minerals and tastes bad so she has to use Crystal Light to flavour the water before she can drink it. I don't know if this helps but I hope things settle down for you soon.

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active