pressure is on to make the decision is getting REAL close, any feedback so welcomed!!!!

Bonnie250
on 7/19/14 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

We both are in the same boat, huh, sounds like it~ I have about 100 lbs to lose, i weigh 250. Started the first phase of the diet today in prep for surgery, have you? I might also add, I do have a hiatal hernia that my surgeon will repair during the surgery, so hopefully if i do go with the sleeve, that will help.....Yes this IS a big decision! best of luck, keep me posted, will ya?

Bonnie

basilmk
on 7/19/14 8:12 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Both my PCP and my surgeon told me that RNY would be my best option because of GERD and Barrett's.  At six months out, I had an endoscopy and am off my meds completely and while Barrett's is still there, it's basically dormant.

I think this is a situation where you fare better by going with your doc's recommendations.

Congratulations on your decision.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

annarohr
on 7/19/14 11:06 pm

I fell for the less invasive/re routing fears in 2009 and am now paying the consequences.  I needed a DS back then, I need a DS now.  But, I read into and heard about and started to fear it and in the end changed my mind to only getting just a sleeve.  I shouldn't have done that.  I didn't listen to what my body needed, I ignored the fact that I have other conditions that could have been fixed by just sticking with the original plan.  Now, I get to have a revision because I listened to my fears back then, and didn't listen to logic and what I really needed.  Sleeves are fine if you only need restriction and have the BMI that works best with it.  If you have a higher BMI to start with, or have insulin issues, you may need more than just the sleeve.  My advice is to NOT base your decision on fears and unknowns.  Base your decision ONLY on what is going to work best for your body, your conditions, and ultimately your future. 

Most Active