Signs of protein deficiency

jenorama
on 7/22/14 5:08 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Aye, I didn't get my full workup until 6 months out.  My 3 month was just with the surgeon to make sure the healing was going well.  6 mos was the whole shebang--many vials of blood and a 24 hr urine collection which grossed me out.  Thankfully the urine is only once a year!

Jen

DawnMillington
on 7/20/14 3:17 am - CT

Hey MsBatt!  I went to www.vitalady.com but I couldn't find the list   My eyes just aren't as good as they used to be!  Could you please tell me where it is there?  I certainly appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks so much and Have a great day!!!

D66
on 7/21/14 12:55 am

Hi, what you are looking for is this....However, it is to be purchsed according to vitalady.com for $5.00

Lab Result Tracking Form

DawnMillington
on 7/21/14 7:36 am - CT

Thank you so much!!!!!

D66
on 7/21/14 8:18 am

You're very welcome.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/21/14 12:50 pm - OH

Thee are lots of things that could be causing the various symptoms you are experiencing and it definitely COULD be a result of nutritional deficiencies from the RNY, but I wouldn't assume that it is.  It may not be just one single issue if it is a nutritional deficiency.  Get a full set of labs done and start from there.

Just because you don't eat red meat doesn't necessarily mean that you have a protein deficiency.  Are you tracking your protein intake?  (Personally  I wouldn't gag down protein shakes unless I was sure I wasn't getting enough protein!)  Your labs will also tell you about your protein level.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active