Question about post op

shorty85
on 7/18/14 11:57 am

Please give me some feed back ..... Knowing everyone is different.... I lead a life like I'm running with m hair on fire....I travel some and have got to be game on....ALOT...When will I be able to drive and get on with normalcy after surgery....I am just NOT a whiner and am already exercising  every single day....walking 3 miles on the treadmill...will that  help?...and what should I expect? I am concerned...really concerned about the down time and when I can get on with life?  THANK YOU!!!

White Dove
on 7/19/14 12:54 am - Warren, OH

I had surgery on a Tuesday.  I was walking at the hospital and on the treadmill when I came home on Thursday, but only for five minutes the first day.  I was doing light housework starting on Friday, but not lifting anything over ten pounds.  I went back to work on Monday.  I did not travel for the first month, except for short distances by car. 

It took about a month before I could do three miles on the treadmill again.   I did not tell anyone at work that I had had the surgery and was able to keep up with all of my responsibilities at work and home by one week after surgery. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 7/19/14 3:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My recovery was picture-perfect, however I'm a very cheap date for anesthesia.  It took me a good 6 weeks before I started feeling like myself.  Knowing that I also had to be "game on" at work, I took a full 8 weeks off and hit the ground running.  My director insisted I not schedule anything my first week just in case, but at the end of the week, came to me and said "Val, you're as tough as nails".  

That's just the impression I was hoping to make.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

skinnyrn2b
on 7/19/14 4:03 am
Revision on 07/10/14

Hello Shorty85,

I had surgery July 10th and I'm ready to go back to work.  I had my lap band taken out, hernia repaired and got my new sleeve.  My stomach is slightly sore but overall I feel really good.  I guess everyone is different.  I hope this helps:) & good luck!

Starting weight- 316/day of Lapband surgery-September 24, 2010- 295 pounds- 

Removal of band-7/10/2014 228 and Vsg- 209

Most Active