Suggestions for tasty "soft food" delectable?

jennyq88
on 7/18/14 9:52 am

So I'm coming close to soft food time. It will be so nice veer away from the shakes a little. I'd love to hear what some of the favorite concoctions are out there. Right now I'm craving tuna...maybe some hard boiled egg mixed in with a dab of lite mayo and ground to a pulp. Surprisingly this is making me excited.  

poet_kelly
on 7/18/14 10:08 am - OH

Ricotta cheese topped with spaghetti sauce and grated parmesan.  Microwave it and it tastes like lasagna without noodles.

Plain Greek yogurt with some sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix and a little splenda mixed in. Tastes like cheesecake.  I like it topped with no sugar added cherry pie filling.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jennyq88
on 7/18/14 12:29 pm

Thanks kelly!

Those both sound splendiferous.

basilmk
on 7/18/14 2:40 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Tuna salad sounds great but at over six months, I still can't eat eggs. I tried again today.

I hope you don't have the same issues dampen your excitement. ;)

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

jaifra78
on 7/19/14 2:55 am
RNY on 04/16/14

Valerie G.
on 7/19/14 3:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Mix ricotta cheese with SF instant pudding and enough milk to beat to a good pudding consistency.

Top ricotta with a little tomato sauce and melt cheese on top - tastes like the inside of a lasagna.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MickeyDee
on 7/19/14 8:53 pm

Pick your favorite soup and blenderize it, heat it in the microwave, then add a half-scoop of plain unflavored protein powder.  Yum!

SehrishKhan1
on 7/23/14 9:01 am, edited 7/23/14 9:03 am

I would recommend tuna being the top "soft food"......Easy to cook, and full of essentials vitamins, protein you need without having to hurt your budget. I have also included boiled eggs in my new Diet Plan. You might want to consider including boiled potatoes (carbohydrates)

And please....Stay from "fast food" if you are seriously worried about obesity and other related issues. "Soda is usually an integral part of fast food. Statistics depicted that during the period from 1977 to 1996 soda consumption has increased 75% for boys and 40% for girls, among the adolescents from 12 to 19 years of age." Source: fast food and obesity 

Thanks 

Most Active