1 week til surgery ... Getting nervous already!

Darcys11
on 7/20/14 9:50 am

My surgery is scheduled for 7/29 and I'm starting to get nervous already.  A friend of mine is having surgery on 7/22.  We're going through the process as buddies!

From what I've been reading it seems like the first couple of days are the worst because of the gas pains.  I'm just looking for some additional tips and tricks to keep calm for the next week so I don't go crazy worrying about stupid stuff! Like whether or not my liver will be small enough or what kinds of cleanses I can do in addition to the diet lol! Or really anything that I don't know to expect really lol! 

I read about using baby bowls and baby spoons after surgery to keep your intake slow and small so I bought some of them.  I talked to my dad about coming and staying with me when I come home from the hospital but I'm wondering if that's really necessary   (I live alone but have several friends very close to where I live)?

Im afraid of a tube of any kind when I come home.  And really worried about the skin sag to come.  Is there any way at all I can gauge how bad that will be down the road?  I've read about body wraps and body brushing and have started the body brushing already.  Idk if it'll really help at all lol! 

Any helpful suggestions, tips or tricks are welcome! 

Thanks! Darcy

Honestandhealthy
on 7/20/14 1:45 pm - Canada

Hey, 

I have surgery scheduled for the 29th too!  I am pretty nervous as well. Great questions, thanks for asking them. I hope everything goes really well for you next Tuesday!

Georgia

Most Active