Need help starting over

jendela1
on 7/19/14 10:58 pm

I had gastric bypass in 2006 and lost an incredible amount of weight. Fast forward all these years later and I am struggling again with my weight. I know that I have stretched my pouch but I dont think it is out of control. How do I start over? I was very content at 145-155 pounds. Now I find myself at 165-175. I don't like how I feel at this weight. I do work out but I need to start my diet over. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks

Jenn

Kate -True Brit
on 7/20/14 2:00 am - UK

Simply remember what worked then! I can really empathise! Over 2013/14, I put on 28lbs. I re-started mid-June and 20lbs have gone. I am just eating exactly as I did back in 2006/7.  It wasn't easy getting going; I had false start after false start but  when I realised I was going to have to buy new, larger clothes, I got motivated!

I know it isn't the same after RNY as I assume you longer have the malabsorption to help you. But, I know thissounds over-simplified, but you just have to want it ENOUGH. To want it more than that extra mouthful of food! 

My best wishes!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Valerie G.
on 7/20/14 8:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Look up early post op eating and start from there.

Another approach is to eliminate all white carbs (flour, sugar, rice, potatoes) and concentrate on protein and veggies.

The key is eating like you were trying to lose when you first started in 2006.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active