Researching lapband revision to duodinal switch

Alicekay
on 7/18/14 2:02 pm

Hi all im new to this forum was looking for any info help and advise in regards to having my lapband revised to a ds. I had the lapband 3 years ago and was going ok with weight loss dropped 10ks then had a baby, after birth dropped a further 15kgs was on track then had an ectopic pregnancy last yearand ever since have gained allthe weight back.. Not happy at all no matter how hard i try i cant get the weight off and have had numerous scans scopes tests done cant find any problem! Any help or info would be appreciated guys thanks :)

MsBatt
on 7/19/14 12:29 am

Good choice! I suggest you post this on the DS board, and on the Revision board. You're likely to get more responses there. Are you on any FB groups?

BASIMAH02
on 7/19/14 3:07 am - IL

I had a revision surgery from lapband to gastric bypass 6/23/14 and I feel it was the best thing I did. I probably lost a total of 30 pounds with the lapband and gained most back. I am 26 days post-op and am losing around a pound a day, which will eventually level off. But the gastric bypass is the most drastic surgery, but it has the best results in regards to weight loss. I think if you are having a revision surgery you should go for the surgery that has the best weight loss results. But this is just my personal opinion.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

poet_kelly
on 7/19/14 4:14 am - OH

What makes you say the gastric bypass is the most drastic surgery?  And statisically, I'm pretty sure the DS has better weight loss results.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BASIMAH02
on 7/19/14 8:44 am - IL

My mistake, I thought they were one and the same. I know now they are not. 

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

MsBatt
on 7/19/14 7:39 am
On July 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM Pacific Time, BASIMAH02 wrote:

I had a revision surgery from lapband to gastric bypass 6/23/14 and I feel it was the best thing I did. I probably lost a total of 30 pounds with the lapband and gained most back. I am 26 days post-op and am losing around a pound a day, which will eventually level off. But the gastric bypass is the most drastic surgery, but it has the best results in regards to weight loss. I think if you are having a revision surgery you should go for the surgery that has the best weight loss results. But this is just my personal opinion.

ALL forms of WLS are pretty darn drastic, but I guess I'd agree that the RNY is the most drastic, since it changes your stomach into a pouch/stoma arrangement. But it is NOT the one with the best weight loss results, according to statistics. That honor goes to the Duodenal Switch.

Most Active