Craving salty and crunchy!!!

White Dove
on 7/18/14 2:25 am - Warren, OH

Almonds are fine, just count the calories.  Go to a high-end grocery or health food store and buy Simply Seven Quinoa Chips.  They are high protein, low carb and delicious. 

The vegetable chips in regular stores are just potato chips colored with carrot and spinach.  They are still junk food, so don't be tempted to buy them.

Simply Seven is what will satisfy you in a healthy way.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

emelar
on 7/18/14 2:30 am - TX

Cheese chips.  Get shredded cheese of your choice and make little mounds on a non-stick skillet.  Heat until melted or turning brown - your preference.  Let them cool for a minute.  While cooking, you can sprinkle seasonings - salt, pepper, garlic powder, whatever.  You can make them in the microwave or oven as well.

Sandie E.
on 7/18/14 2:42 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

These are all awesome and very helpful!!! Thank You! 

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

kerry B.
on 7/18/14 4:07 am
VSG on 11/04/13

I second the pickles suggestion!  Claussen are the best, super crunchy and bold flavor!

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

Nay7529
on 7/18/14 11:58 am - Westbury, NY

snap peas are the best... (they are not gross peas)... I forgot who makes them, but they are baked pea pods, salty and delish!!! Im sure you could get down a few and get those cravings out of the way. They have them in caesar flavor and salt and pepper. THE BEST.. You can find then in the grocery store around the croutons in the vegetable isle.

Valerie G.
on 7/19/14 4:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you can eat regular foods, I have a couple of suggestions.

Kale Chips - toss kale in some oil (I like grapeseed) and lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.  Bake at 325 for about 10 min or until they are crisp.  I can eat an entire bunch in an afternoon while working.  It's addictive for me.

Cheese Crisps - On a oiled pan, make little haystacks of shredded cheese and bake or broil until browned and crispy.  I swear, when using cheddar, it tastes like cheezeits.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dcgirl
on 7/19/14 5:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Cheese crisps, kale chips and pickles are all awesome suggestions and work well for me! Also, buy turkey pepperoni and put it on a paper towel and microwave it for 30-60 seconds until it gets crunchy! I also love roasted chickpeas. I get them on amazon.com :)

Most Active