28 days pre-op ready to do it!

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/14 4:33 am
with

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. Just checking in to become part of the community. I'm scheduled with Dr. Alvarez for August 16th. So just about 28 days out at this point. Not as nervous as I thought I'd be - actually looking forward to it after reading so many things about Dr. Alvarez and the procedure itself. 

I'm on my preop diet now since I'm over 400 lbs. It's been a bit rough but, nothing I can't get through. 

I originally attempted to go through my insurance in the states but it became such a stress after the first denial - that I decided I'd just go out of pocket and my oh my how this path has been better already! 

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you - I've been lurking on here since last last year and many of your posts have given me the confidence to push down this path!

saralm
on 7/17/14 6:19 am - Omaha, NE

Yay so happy for you :)

You got this!!! :)

Doing this top weight 310 current 286 waiting for surgery 3 months left of supervised weight loss :)

Cathy W.
on 7/17/14 7:25 am

Hey TheInternetPipe - Welcome to the OH Community.  You'll love it here.  Congratulations on your upcoming surgery at only 29 days to go.  Glad you're not lurking but at posting! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/14 10:18 am
with

Thanks for the welcome!

JuniperLane
on 7/17/14 3:47 pm

Hi there!  I had my surgery in Mexico on June 2...  everything went wonderfully.  I did not have Dr. Alvarez, but I met him and he is really nice.  If I were you I would make certain to bring chapstick (although the company I went through gave us some).  I would also buy some gasx STRIPS, Neosporin (it cost 22 in mexico) and 4x4 gauze with decent gauze tape.  I would definitely look into some form of one on one counseling for now and for when you get back.  Good luck with everything!

Juniper

Surgery Date: 6/2/2014     Highest: 333     Pre-Op Diet:  305    Surgery Day:    291     Current:  255     

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 12:41 am
with

Awesome advice, much appreciated!

D66
on 7/18/14 12:37 am

Congrats Scott! Continue to remain strong and focused!

Wishing you all the best

MsBatt
on 7/18/14 1:07 am

Welcome! If you'll put your surgery date and type (VSG. RNY. or DS) on your profile, it'll show up each time you post. That will help us answer any questions you may have with info that's appropriate to your surgery type and time post-op.

onefourthofme
on 7/18/14 1:42 am

Hey Scott!  Welcome and best wishes to you

Judi2
on 7/18/14 5:26 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Hi Scott,

I'm new too and have learned a lot on this site. Congratulations and best wishes!

Judi

Most Active