Finding friends

jennyq88
on 7/15/14 11:27 pm

So I've reached out a few times to fellow RNYers who I felt might be aligned to my time period of surgery and expressed similar concerns. I thought it'd be nice to interact with a few specific people as well as the community at large.

So far I've sent out maybe 5 - 6 friend requests with no responses. Am I doing this right or is there a more effective approach? How many of you have friends? Maybe it just isn't a very common occurrence. Surely it has nothing to my engaging and enlightened and enjoyable personality.

Bette B.
on 7/15/14 11:53 pm

Friend requests come to a person's OH messages. Sometimes the recipient doesn't notice they have messages, or their attached email address doesn't receive notifications. Don't take it personally. (laughs) Friend me. I'll say "yes."

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

jennyq88
on 7/16/14 1:26 am

Thanks for the input, Bette B. And I will!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/14 12:52 am

Not having a picture can make people a little stand offish.

jennyq88
on 7/16/14 1:57 am

Thanks. Working on that. Trying to get a pic to the size required without luck but I'll get there.

Cathy W.
on 7/16/14 1:17 am

You can also post on the RNY message board so other RNYers will see it.  I'll friend you as I'm a fellow RNYer too.

jennyq88
on 7/16/14 1:58 am

Thanks Cathy...friend request coming your way...

Kirstin S.
on 7/16/14 2:49 am - CT

I'll be having my rny surgery August 11 (it was pushed back a week :() when is yours scheduled?  I'd be happy to be your friend! 

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14

jennyq88
on 7/16/14 3:01 am

Hey there, Kirsten

Glad to hear from you. Looks like you're losing lbs before surgery which is probably a great idea. I did some of that before my own date and I'm glad that I did. Maybe having your surgery pushed back gives to a chance to lose some more.

So yeah, my surgery was a 9 days ago. Each day is a little more pain free and I'm feeling positive and full of hope. I think we'll probably have some valuable experiences to pass on to one another. 

Very glad you responded!

Jenny

Kirstin S.
on 7/16/14 3:12 am - CT

Yeah, the weight is coming and going :) after getting my date I went and had my self a 3 week food funeral and gained a little. I know the preop liquid diet will help me lose some weight too. 

Your surgery was 9 days ago?! How are you feeling? I hope you're healing well. 

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14

Most Active