Help!!!! I can't decide

Jane65
on 7/18/14 10:00 am

I had RNY 12 yrs ago. I am one of the people who are now disabled by the complications. I lost 170 lbs. in two years, so that was good, but I now have many problems with early and late dumping syndrome. Many days, I am too fatigued and weak in order to get much done. This problem did not start until two years ago. For years, I was able to eat a normal diet, including sugar and fat. I also have been dealing with a lot of stigma from the medical community. I have been told that this is part of the surgery, and I haven't found anyone who will try medications that might help. If I have to get a lot done, I don't eat anything until late in the day. I also struggle with Iron and B12 absorption. The reason why many doctors want us to get the RNY is because it is more successful with weight loss, but many of us have to live with debilitating complications. I wasn't educated about these problems well. I think that if I were, I would have gotten a surgery that was less likely to cause long-term problems.

Most Active