What to eat after surgery??!

ConfidenceIsKey
on 7/14/14 1:14 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new at this today so I hope I'm doing this right! 

Im 19 yrs old and I will be getting the sleeve on July 31st, I'm very excited yet nervous. 

My biggest question is what are the best things to eat once you can start eating solid foods?? Any suggestions?? 

Thank you! 

Any tips will help also! 

Jiliana2
on 7/16/14 2:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

What does your surgeon or centre tell you about what types of foods you can try at each stage? They would be the most appropriate people to advise you I think.

In the puréed stage, I had greek yogourt, applesauce, puréed homemade turkey soup, puréed chili, SF puddings with added protein powder, etc.

By the time I was at solids, I was told to try a scrambled egg (not hard fried, keep it a bit wet) or some ground beef with a sauce or something to help it go down easily. Cheddar cheese was also a good first food.

I hope your doctor can give you some answers, but those are some of the items on the plan we have here. Good luck!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

eternitymed7
on 7/18/14 10:07 pm

Would anyone know if I can consume diary products such as yoghurt and cheese after Liposuction,  I feel embarrassed to ask the hospital. Its been 2 weeks and i miss my frozen yogurt. 

The Dubai health screening center is the best solution for health and beauty

MsBatt
on 7/19/14 12:18 am

I see that you just joined today, so maybe you don't realize that this board focuses on WLS, or weight-loss surgery. I can't imagine why you couldn't eat anything you pleased after liposuction, but my best advice is to call your surgeon. That's part of what you paid him for.

MsBatt
on 7/19/14 12:21 am

Once you're eating solids, your best foods will be animal flesh and animal byproducts, such as diary (milk, cheese, yoghurt) and eggs.

Most Active